31 Days 31 Drawings. Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. Jake Parker created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve his inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.
Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober (and #PigmaInktober to see your work in the gallery below)
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.
This year, Sakura is proud to support #InkTober with a giveaway for special participants.
I've got something special in store for Inktober artists! @SakuraofAmerica wants to celebrate the month of Inktober by doing a giveaway to artists throughout the month. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday a winner will be announced and will receive an 8 pack of Pigma drawing pens and a Strathmore drawing pad!
Here's how you get in on this:
- Draw something amazing, preferably with your Pigmas. - Hashtag your drawing with #pigmainktober - No purchase necessary to enter.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United States and Canada except Quebec where prohibited (Sakura cannot ship outside of this territory). - You must be over 13 years of age to submit an entry. Drawings hashtagged with #pigmainktober will also be posted on pigmamicron.com.
Big thanks to @SakuraofAmerica for reaching out to the Inktober community and offering to make Inktober just a little more special. #inktober